[no subject]

" I bought a pair of coral blue dwarfs and they basically destroyed
each-other and all other inhabitants of the tank (35G), until one of the
fish was the only one left in the tank. I thought it was strange because in
my previous experiences, dwarfs were quite peaceful."

I've seen this with MANY types of fish.  I've had a lot of cichlids and
thought they were supposed to be bad, but they weren't the worst by quite a
margin.  Gouramis large or small seem to pick on things if they are able.
I'm not sure if that is normal but i've seen a few renegades.  The worst
i've had was figure eight puffers & monos.  The puffers were maybe 3" long
but i'd feed them feeder goldfish and they would rip them apart.  One mono
completely destroyed the other one or two i forget but in the end there was
only one of them.

I had a purple loach that would chase around my blood parrots until they
were on their side heaving at the surface.  They had to sleep face down in
the plants to get away!  i thought they were all dead!  Maybe it's just
nature, but there always seems to be a bully in a tank.  It  works out best
when it is a large catfish or something that doesn't destroy everything
else.  I guess you've just got to get used to flushing things.

Does anyone keep any gobies in planted tanks?  What kinds?  I used to have
knight gobies, I assume they can be assimilated to salt free water?

thx josh.