Re:breeding fish in planted tanks

At 01:37 PM 12/2/2002, Dirk wrote:

>I keep a school of nine Crossocheilus Siamensis in my planted 70G community
>tank...
>Now, recently I started seeing some strange behaviour. On occasion they
>seem to change colour pattern.

I've had three full-grown C. siamensis for about a year. They exhibit this
same behavior periodically. Although these fish have not bred for me, the
behavior seems quite similar to the breeding and dominance behavior of many
other fish, so that's what I've assumed it was. And as you've said, they're
back to normal after 20-30 minutes.