Re: Betta Splendens

Tom Wood: "Bettas do great in a planted tank. One at a time. I tried
more than one in a 90 gallon, figuring they had enough room to keep to
themselves, but no dice. I now have a few mangled Cardinal Tetras left
over from that ill-fated experiment. Once a Betta becomes comfortable
with the tank, they are a wonder to watch."

I agree - they do great in a planted tank. I had a 3' (35g) community
tank with a Betta in it. Except... my trouble was not other mangled
fish. The gourami's made short work of my Betta - even the neons, and
glowlight neons got in on the act. Perhaps mine was a wimpy Betta :)

Adam Shaw
Australia