Re: Marine Plants

I used to keep a native marine tank that had lots of macro algae in it.
I was never able to keep eel grass, tho.  It always rotted on me and
really fouled the water.  I have heard that it is very difficult to
transplant, even in the wild.  Some people think that it may have some
kind of symbiosis going on at the root level, hence the suggestion to
bring its substrate with it.  Here in CA it is and endangered and
protected plant, so you can't dig it up.  The stuff I had was all bits
that I would find washed up on the beach, so maybe that's why it didn't
grow for me.

Now I have a nano reef with caulerpa and halimeda, which do quite well.
The halimeda requires a lot of calcium in the water.

Lori