Re: Oxalic Acid

Thank you Paul, Bill, Elie for responding. Your comments are very
valuable. I actually have a graphite electrode lying somewhere in the
house, I think it is the old-style theatre lighting arc electrode, a
long bar with the diameter about 0.5", so I'll give it a try as the
anode. Doesn't have much surface compared with the originally used
stainless steel plate, but would be useful for corrosion tests (I fear
though that the oxygen appearing on the anode from decomposition of
water would erode it - like in the Nisso electrolitic CO2 device...
Besides, a friend of mine, who was involved in prostetics once, has
promised to give a small titanium rod for experimentation.
I will continue the tests during the weekend and will write back to the
list in a few days.

Vahe