Pellia endiviifolia=I hate spelling sometimes

Hi Folks:
   I have seen photos of the Pellia and wonder how it
is grown.  Does it attach to wood or rocks like java
fern?  If not, then how is it grown or how does it
grow in the wild?  Does it like strong light or low
light?
   For that matter, how does riccia really grow?  I
know it loves to float but Amano forces it to grow
underwater by putting it under netting and tieing it
in place.  But does it ever root or fasten itself to
any surface?  And if so, how?
   Thanks, Diana