Flourite

Since I'm new to this planted tank stuff, I've been trying to research the best way to start up my 40 gal aquarium.  I've decided on Flourite for the substrate.  I know there are 2 colors - regular and red.  I've never actually seen either one close up, but I hear the regular has red, brown and tan mixed together.  Is this correct?  Which color is most preferred by those who use it?

Also, would $46.00 for (3) 15lb bags including shipping be the best price I could get.

Thanks,

Dave

multipart/alternative
  text/html