Re: Unidentified fish...

Hi Robert,

My unlikely but wishful guess is one of the Parodon genus. They live in fast
moving water and are called darter tetras. Baensch suggests they could be
good algae eaters and some species certainly bear a close resemblance to
SAE.

However.........Parodon species have adipose fins and your little fish
doesn't appear to have one. Oh well.

Kathy

-------------------
I realize this list is for aquatic plants, but I have a fish in
my planted
tank that I am trying to identify.  I received the fish as a
tiny baby
from the LFS accidentally about a year ago.  He/she/it has grown
to 1.5-2"
in length and is quite passive in nature.

Some photos of it can be seen at
http://gallery.chady.org/gallery/unidentified.

Robert