Re: Unidentified fish...

Robert Chady said:
> I have a fish in my planted tank that I am trying to identify.

That's Lucania goodei, the bluefin killifish, found in Florida
and some parts of coastal Georgia. They're one of my favorite
fish, tho' just about impossible to breed in captivity. Bluefins
are often found in plant shipments along with banded killifish
(Fundulus diaphanus). I always beg for those strays at my
LFS because American killies are totally fun, cool fish to keep!
I have a 30g planted tank full of those rascals, which makes it
impossible to keep fine-leaved plants because the flagfish like
to snack on them. :-)

More info:
http://www.fishbase.org/Summary/SpeciesSummary.cfm?ID=3211

cheers,