Re: More algae

Tom Barr was looking for more algae.  Sorry I don't have samples of the
really messy clear gelatinous stringy stuff I had late summer after constant
neglect.  Hard water got harder, CO2 got less and less, so pH got higher and
higher.  What was it?  And is good maintenance the means of assuring it
doesn't reappear?

Also, (I came in late on the discussion) what is the stuff that looks like a
tiny vine with node every cm. or so and then branches out - with something
looking like a tiny leaf at the nodes?  I need to know to let the plant
supplier know its coming in with one species of plant.

Thanks,

Sharon

multipart/alternative
  text/html