Re: aquarium related injury

When I was about 14 and didn't know near what I know
now about aquariums, I bought something called a
"bumblebee catfish".  They told me it wouldn't be a
problem in a community tank.  Wrong!  I noticed his
wide mouth after he peeked out from his driftwood cave
but wasn't able to catch him (or her?) until the next
day, after which he had consumed about 6 neons.  I put
him in a betta bowl on top of the tank until I could
return him to the store.  While in the bowl, he
regurgitated the neons.  Later that day, I walked into
the room to bag him up, he wasn't in the bowl.  I was
in my bare feet.  As I walked up to the tank, I
stepped on the fish and got spined in the arch of my
right foot.  I was in incredible pain for about the
next three hours.  We called the hospital and they
said that while there would be quite a bit of swelling
and pain, I was not at risk.  Ouch.

There's a guy in my local club who had what I think
was fish TB.  Part of his hand is eaten away near his
wrist.  Don't work on your tank with cuts on your
hand.  At least use gloves or something.

Cavan