Another Plant Question

Hi all, I was asked these questions by a friend and quite frankly I have no
answer for him and now it is raising questions in my head about my own
tank....

How are plants generally effected from having a low KH?

Are plants effected by having slightly higher water temperatures?

I know I have a low KH (2) and my GH is 6, I also keep my temperature at 80
which is on the high side. My water is soft directly from the tap and I have
not done anything to try to harden it up. Should I?

Thanks

Giancarlo Podio