Breeding and Plant tanks

Hi, havent posted for a few.

What experience does everyone have with breeding fish in plant tanks. I would
like to breed a few different species. I know that live bearers work well,
but to me there is not much of a challenge there. Most professional breeders
use bare tanks and do lots of water changes to keep nitrates and other
pollutants at 0. Some use Methylene blue to prevent fungus. While I dont mind
water changes, I do have an issue with bare tanks and using meds that may not
be necessary.
As Im writing this, I am postulating a few set ups, such as Epiplatys
annulatus in a weed choked jungle, maybe some egg scatterers (tetras) in a
shallow tank with lots of chain sword. Does anyone else have set ups like
these? What measures can we take for sensitve fry care? Any ideas are
appreciated.

Thanks,
-Z-