Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V5 #434

In a message dated 11/12/2002 10:12:42 PM Pacific Standard Time,

> (Don't tell me to use a python. I have too many baby fish in my
> tanks.)

Hi Shireen,

Just thought I'd share what works for me...I use a python and I have a lot of
fry, but I figured out a way to keep from sucking up the fry...I insert the
output end of a Wal-Mart gravel vac into the input end of the gravel vac, and
then I use the gravel vac to suck up the water.  Since the gravel vac tube
going into the python tube is not an airtight fit, the suction is very gentle
and slow.  So while it might not be a quicker solution, it would be safe for
your fry (you just gotta watch out for them or let the gravel vac tube sit on
the bottom, not allowing any curious fry to look inside and get sucked up)
and would possibly save yourself from further injury...which is
important...what would the fry do if you injured both your arms????

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---