Chara

My professor has mentioned some work he did awhile back on a rotifer that
lives inside some species of algae.

I think I may have found one living inside Chara cells. Now how to get it
out of the cell to have a look at the beast. I can see it swimming around
inside the vacuole and it's not cytoplasmic streaming etc.
It looks like a plant in large beds growing in the rivers along the bottom
just like a plant. It looks perhaps like Madagascar Hygro.

And if anyone wants to see this very nice, but stinky algae, it is very
plant like and the most probable vascular land plant ancestor you can have a
look at it here along with a rather large piece of petrified wood that I am
having a hard time leaving alone:-)

Regards,
Tom Barr