Hair algae any IDers...

Hello....
I'm having some problems with hair algae and slight g/water.

 Back in Sept I switched my tank from sand/kitty litter to flourite. So far
so good.
For the past couple of weeks, I noticed that soon after I perform a water
change
(75% weekly) the tank will get algae on the glass, and in a few days the
entire front pane is covered with algae, the water will have a slight tint of
green as well. I also have hair algae that is taking over my java moss. I do
not have any other algae on the plants except for the h/algae. Besides that,
my plants are growing well.
I think my problem is from my overuse of 13-4-5 fertilizer.
In the past I did not  worry about the fert leeching into the water column
because of my sand substrate.Since I'm using flourite now, I might have
caused a problem....
I guess my question is:
What can be done to fix this problem, besides being carefull with plant-stick
fert?

Thankyou

Neight Goetz