Re: Green surface algae & DIY CO2

Will, the algae might be a result of the CO2 itself. Since I increased
lighting and added CO2 I started having some algae problems due to the
faster plant growth and decreasing nutrients in the water. You might find
the same problems could occur even if you upgrade to a bottled system. You
can see all the suggestions I received on this issue last month. I find
black mollies do a good job at eating anything that floats, even the film on
the surface of the water, perhaps they might like that algae too.

Giancarlo