RE: koncentration

> Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 07:46:17 +0100
> From: Davorin Palijan

> If I have 6% Fe solution, how much of it I have
> to add to 1 liter of water to achieve 0,1 mg/l Fe?

Assuming this means only the _iron_ portion of the compound:

Solutions of solids into liquids are usually expressed as _mass_
percentages, so here the solution would contain 6 grams of iron per liter,
or 1000 grams (round numbers). That, of course, means 6000 mg, of which you
want 0,1 mg, or 1/60000th of a liter. Dropping zeroes, that means 1/60th of
a cubic centimeter, or less than 1/3 of an average single drop.

In other words, dosing a single drop of this stuff into a single liter of
water will bring it to the 0,2 - 0,3 mg/l range.

Which sounds about right, as I normally add just a couple of ccs of Flourish
Iron to some big tanks to get their concentrations up...

-Y-

David A. Youngker
nestor10 at mindspring_com