Vermiculite

A good friend sent me some vermiculite. Now on reading up on it I find the pH of vermiculite can vary from 6.0 - 9.5 depending on the place it is mined and the processing.
This vermiculite I've got is meant for agricultural purposes and not for Industrial Insulation.
Anyone with experience/knowledge of using vermiculite in planted aquaria/ growing aquatic plants please share information.
TIA.
Madan Subramanian
Bangalore, India.

multipart/alternative