Fluval canister problems

Hi,  I read your e-mail about the canister problem.  Is the canister
the old model 304 or the new model 404?  You used the 304
number, but that canister doesn't have the yellow carriage with the
ceramic post in it (that would be the newer 404 model).  Was the
filter making that clanging noise before you replaced the impeller?
If it is the newer model, you might want to go to the Hagan website
and mention this problem.  I had problems with the caps on the
impellers on the new models breaking off and I told them about it
and they sent me two new impellers free of charge.  Ray