Re: Dying cories

| Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 17:00:09 -0700
| From: jgarden2000 at juno_com
| Subject: Re: Dying cories
|
| Philippe Lemaire seems to suspect my K dosing.
|
| > 1.  What do you mean by a "capful" ?
| >         How many ml of what (K2SO4) in which concentration (40 gr./l)
| ???
|
| The directions on the stuff says that a capful is 1 tsp or 5 ml. The
| fertilizer says it's "0-0-3". The last number is for K, but I forget what
| it means... Further down the label says "Soluble Potash (K2O): 3%".

I,m not quite sure about this but let suppose it is 30*78.2/94.2 i.e.   25 gr./l ...
You add 25gr / 200 i.e.  125mg ...

Suppose that your tank contains 125 l (a tank is never full),
you add 1 PPM every week

| > 2. Once you can answer 1. you have the amount of PPM you add every
| week...
| > 3.  How much water change ?
| >         If you change half of the water you can go up to twice the PPM
| > computed above !
| >         If you change a fourth, four times !!
| >         If you change a tenth, TEN times !!!!!!
|
| I change a different amount each week, depending on how bad the tank
| looks/how tired a feel.
|
| No, I'm NOT intentionally trying to make this harder...

Suppose you change 25 l every week and that it is the ONLY K source
you can have no more than 5 PPM of K in your tank what is little !

| > 4.  Clearly staining on the glass shows too much of dissolved things in
| the tank...
|
| The only thing staining my glass is green spot algae (and some spill
| marks on the outside...).

I speak of spill marks outside but made on the vertical glasses with tank water...
They should be barely noticeable !

| William

Philippe