Eheim sizing

Some discussion about this subject did occur in the past,
but I am unable to find the answer in a search.  I want to
size a Eheim Pro II filter with heater (2126 or 2128) for a
75 gal tank. I like the idea of more filter space in the
larger canister.  Is it overkill?  The stand has 22"
clearance from the bottom or shelf of the base cabinet to
the horizontal member supporting the tank.  Will this be
sufficient space to use the larger filter?  Eheim lists the
filter as being 17.9" tall and I imagine that some clearance
is needed to manage the hoses?  Any wisdom about choosing
filter media is appreciated as well.

Thanks in advance,
Jay Reeves