Re: floral wire on cork

>Does anyone know if floral wire (the green wire they use in flower
>arrangements) is safe to put in a tank?  I've used it on topiary and it
>works well.  I cut little U shaped pins to secure the plants.  However, it
>does corrode and fall apart after a period of time.

Most of that floral wire is just a painted mild steel and it rusts severely
pretty quick. I wouldn't use it in a tank or even above a tank where the
humidity is very high.

I have seen stainless steel wire in hardware stores occasionally and this
would be excellent for use in a tank. You might be able to use aluminum
wire although I haven't tried it and am not sure how well it would hold up.

         -Bill
Waveform Technology
UNIX Systems Administrator