Input or Output from a Canister to a CO2 reactor?

I've created a external CO2 reactor and I'd like to split the flow off from my canister filter to supply water to the reactor.  Should I split off the input or the output lines?

Also, I've purchased some cork for backgrounds in my tank and I'd like to avoid the yellowing of the water I've seen when using cork previously.  Does anyone have any ideas what I could do over and above just soaking the cork for a long time?  Would a bleach/water soak help?  What would I have to do to make sure all the bleach was out of the cork?

Thanks,

Neal