Podostemon and Isoetes

Greetings,  I'm Kyle Williams and I just joined this group.  I'm a botany graduate student and I just got interested in aquariums about a month ago.  I just have one 10 and one 20 gallon tank currently and I'm sure you can guess from my interest in botany that I want these tanks to have plants every bit as interesting as the fish!

Anyway, my particular questions are on finding and growing two unusual aquatic plants.  One is Isoetes.  What species will do well in an aquarium and does anyone know where to find them for sale (True Aquarium Plants has it listed but they are out of stock)?  Any tips for growing it?

The other is much more obscure.  Podostemon or one of its relatives in the Podostemaceae
(Marathrum or Tristicha and too many others to list).  Some species look more or less like algae (but it is a flowering plant) and others look fern-like.  It tends to grow on rocks in fast flowing streams.
There are a lot of species worldwide, but just one where I live (Durham, NC) which I may go collect.  Anyone have experience with these plants?  Tips on growing them and obtaining them would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kyle

--
Kyle Williams