RE: Aquatic Plants Digest V5 #392

Scott H.:
"I want to limit my PO4 to about 0.7 ppm or at least not
more than about 1.  I don't want it to be unlimited."

~~~~
My opinion is that if nutrients limitation is not the key to
algae control, why is there a need to limit nutrients like PO4
to a certain level?

The PO4 in my tank is now 40ppm.  Well, at least for the last
3 weeks, I have yet to see any negative impact.  All I see is
better plant growth.

Is there still any other reason for one to keep nutrient level
to some numbers?  Why can't we dose in excess so that we are
sure that the plants are not lacking anything?

BC (Singapore)