RE: Snail eaters

Tomoko,

I would probably stick to the loach family and choose a smaller critter.
Perhaps even a juvenile clown loach which will leave the snail that make it
past a certain stage and keep new ones down in numbers. In my experience
clown loaches have always been slow growers in my tanks so a juvenile could
take a couple of years before it gives you the problems an adult size one
can give. There are other loaches which stay even smaller but you'll have to
check what their eating habits are like. Some eat snails more than others.
I've also have lazy clowns in the past that unless I squashed the snail for
them they wouldn't eat it and be content with flakes and the likes. Perhaps
some shrimps or crabs may take a liking to snails but it's just a guess.

Good luck
Giancarlo