RE: Cloudyness

Not sure if this will be of any help but I have read and have been told
numerous times that a 50/50 bulb can cause algae problems. Apparently blue
light does little for plants but algae do very well with it. I was planning
to buy one too but was talked out of it by everyone I asked and ended up
using a 10000K to get the cooler tones along with a trichromatic 6500K.
Perhaps you could try placing a cheap daylight bulb in place of the 50/50
and see if that changes anything. If so let me know, I'm still interested in
adding one but would like to hear other people's experiences first.

Giancarlo