Crypts

Just wondering if anyone out there knows the best method for relocating
crypts which would avoid the dreaded 'melt-down'?

I have some Brown Wentii's that I need to relocate to their new home in
another tank - yet even when relocating them to another spot in the
*same* tank in the past, they've suffered immensely. I've just managed
to get back decent growth after the last time I moved them within the
tank and would like to avoid it happening again!

Any ideas?