Re: [UniQuaria] DIY vs. Expensive CO2 systems

Greger wrote:

>Subject: [UniQuaria] DIY vs. Expensive CO2 systems
>
>Has anyone else got an email with the above subjekt?
>
>The mail reads:
>"Anyone heard anything good about Jungle's Plant Fizz Factory?
>It's an absolutely useless waste of time and money.  Avoid it.
>If I'm interpreting your message correctly and you have only 30 watts of
>light on a 30 gallon tank, you'll never grow anything.  You need 2 to 3
>watts per gallon before you need to worry about adding CO2.
>Ellen O'Connell
>Parker, CO
>mailto:oconnel";
>
>It has an attachement called "Untiteled.bmp.pif", I suspect this to be a
>virus.
>The subject leads me to believe that it comes from someone on this list.

It's the Klez worm.  Probably the W32.Klez.H@mm variant.  Delete the
attachment.  PIF files are executable Windows files -- if it's activated,
Klez will infect your computer.

Whenever Klez posts to the list -- that's a lot, lately -- it's also
sending out infected files to others.  List members are potentially at risk
of receiving an infected attachment every time Klez posts here.  I've
personally received 2.  However, only folks using a 32-bit Windows O/S
(Win95 or higher) are at risk of infection.  Those using Macs, Unix, or
Linux systems are immune.

Symantec currently rates the W32.Klez.H@mm worm as the #1 virus risk.  Scan
your PC's people, and tell your friends to do the same.

Here's some links...
==========================
For anyone interested in technical details:
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.klez.h at mm_html

Get a free scan through the Web here (there are other sites, too):
http://housecall.antivirus.com

If you have Klez operating on your system, you can try to remove it with
this tool:
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.klez.removal.tool.html

Quality trialware scanners for Windows
Symantec (Norton Anti-Virus):