Sawtooth plant

Folks,

I visited the LFS today.  The normal plant buyer was in the Cayman Islands
for a couple weeks and someone else made their plant order.  I understand
that the order consisted of "Just send us some stuff."  What they got was a
fairly unusual mix.

One of the plants was something they called "sawtooth plant."  No one there
knew what it was, but it looked interesting so I bought some.  As I was
leaving one of the guys commented that he might have heard it called mermaid
weed.

Looking at photos on the web it does appear that it might be mermaid weed --
Proserpinaca pectinata.  I know the plant has been mentioned on the list
before.  What are your experiences growing this plant?

Roger