More red plants/collecting

Hi all I saw a multi-coloured vallineria plant in the LFS. It was labelled
an Australian red vallisneria. The leaves were long and straplike similar to
the Giant Val from the Philippines but had variagated red markings on them.
Older leaves had less brilliant markings that were in contrast to the
brilliant green and sharply defined red in the newer leaves. Right away I'm
saying I want but, I can't afford a plant that currently costs \1,000 for
just one little plant.

last weekend I was supposed to go out and play Bwana Tom with my nets,
traps, tabi and collecting bags. Had to give up on this as there was a
typhoon. It's not easy to collect in near hurricane conditions and my
Japanese associates felt their time was better served eating yakitori,
sushi, tempura etc and drinking pints of English beer.

Luckily our time wasn't entirely wasted-before we got totally wasted we did
some trading and talked fish and plants then finished up our day by
staggering off to the train stn for the trip  to our respective homes.

So, I unfortunately didn't get any photos or samples of the mini hairgrass
but, most fortunately didn't wake up Monday morning with a hangover.

Edward Venn,
SMG Holdings Co., Ltd.,
Deux Chateaux Blanc 2-303,
1356 Kobuchi, Kasukabe,