Red Plants

James wrote:

>> It can get bewildering for the rest of us when someone dismisses an idea
out
of hand without offering an alternative hypothesis, either of your own or
from someone else. <<

I'm not making a hypothesis... I have no idea why some plants turn red  I'm
not a botanist.  I'm just making an observation that most of these plants
are NOT red when exposed to direct tropical sun levels out of the water.
That just doesn't make sense to me, if the mechanism is really one of
protecting the plant from the sun.

Karen