Re: Red

> Could it be that anthocyanin is more important as "suncreen" under water
> because of some physical difference of the sumbersed and emersed leaves?

No.
The literature doesn't not show a correlation between the presence and
intensity of light.
Why would cactus be green and tropical understory plants be red?

As Karen and I are trying to point out here, Why would Red needle leaf
ludwigia, L repens, Rotala's, Ammannia's etc, all be green above the water
where light is higher and red underwater? In both sunlight or in artificial
lighting? UV-A , UV-B can quickly be ruled out here.

The only thing antho's seem good for is anti fungal properties with leaf
cutter ants.

The other stuff does not seem valid.

Regards,
Tom Barr