Re:Ichetuckenee & Najas

> Najas in the only genus in the family. A rather odd plant.
>
> Regards,
> Tom Barr

Hey Tom,

What *Najas* species are we likely to encounter in aquaria? Around here,
the only kind I have, and that we normally see, we call *guadalupensis*,
but IDK if that is correct. It's leggier than the photo, usually, and a
weed that very rapidly takes over any well-lit tank.

How do you pronounce the genus name? Is the "j" a normal Latin/English
sound or the "h" sound of Spanish?

Wright

--

"The main political divide of our time is between those who trust
   the state and those who do not." -- Alberto Mingardi

                  http://www.sfbaka.net/