Re: Flourescent Ballast Life

I didn't realize that this topic would spark so much conversation.

> > Look for surge
> > protected outlet bars in the computer department of
> > stores.  Naturally, you
> > don't want to operate anything electronic near high
> > humidity;
>
>I tried this, but every time I moved my aqaurium, the light
>came with it ;-)

LOL, I've noticed that myself.

As far as the circuit protector issue, all of my JBJ's have been
connected since day one to the best Belkin surge protectors I could
buy at the time ($40). After spending so much initially on the
lighting, it didn't make sense not to protect them.

Engineers can and do make mistakes. Companies sometimes opt to go
with substandard components. I think the bottom line here is really
what is reasonable under normal operating conditions for a 13 month
old fixture that was designed to be used over a glass-topped
aquarium. These units comes with fans and are in air conditioned
rooms. I'm not bathing with them or using them over a sauna ;)
Although, I'm beginning to think I should go to the local coffin
wholesaler and buy myself a a nice padded pine box and convert this
fixture (or what's left of it) into a nice tanning bed.

Thanks for all the info. I'm beginning to grasp a little more of the
technical issues involved with lighting.

JoAnn

multipart/alternative
  text/enriched
---