RE: JBJ PC Ballasts and Bulbs

Penny Crowley said:

>After investigating various avenues (electrical
>suppliers, etc, THANK YOU Scott H), I found the
>quickest thing to do was shell out $55 to JBJ for a
>new one. (Call them). ouch. It's on the way.

I'm going to give JBJ a few more days to respond. Out of warranty or
not, 13 months life on a ballast is unacceptable to me and there's no
way I'll send JBJ a dime for a new ballast. I just can't bring myself
to that, especially since I'm now wondering when the next ballast
will fail.

I'm also factoring in the fact the the plastic end pieces on my other
13 mo. old fixture have literally cracked to pieces, which along with
these issues makes me question what will go wrong next.

This is indeed looking like a money pit. So far, I haven't had a bulb
last longer than a year, which is months under JBJ's own replacement
recommendation on their web site. They recommend replacement every 16
months, so I'm assuming even they expect a bulb to last a little
longer than a year.

According to the retailer, who has always been great, JBJ now wants
all product issues to be handled directly by them (JBJ). I can
especially understand that in circumstances where the fixture is out
of warranty. They have my number and my email, so time will tell I
guess.

JoAnn

multipart/alternative
  text/enriched