Stainless steel airstones

Has anyone here tried stainless steel airstones to diffuse CO2? I was
checking out prices on home brewing equipment and ran across them. They
come in pore sizes as small as .5 micron which would be incredible for a
CO2 reactor. They are the preferred airstone for industry use in
carbonating beverages. I don't see how they would be problematic in an
aquarium other than the potential to clog up with algae/bacteria rather
quickly. They might not clog up though, do to the small pore size and
pressure acting as a self cleaning mechanism.

Only caveat: $13(US)