Re: NH4NO3

> From: "Rachel Sandage" <rachelsor at hotmail_com>
> Subject: NH4NO3
>
> What will happen if I put it in my tank? Greenwater? Dead fish? Lush plant
> growth?
>
> - -Rachel

What happens if you put straight household fertilizer or a jobes stick into
the water column? Or NH3?
It will not that much NO3 relevant to the amount of NH4. In tiny minute
amounts combined with KNO3 it might help a tad, whether you could see the
difference etc is speculative, in theory it should help, personally, I have
found a few fish and their waste to do a much better job than I can dosing
NH4 sources.....it's fire and if you over dose etc, you can get in big
trouble. Fish are not such a fine line.
Regards,
Tom Barr