Chemical Names

I think these are dumb questions, especially this first one, but I am going
to ask them anyway because I need help!

1. Is iron chelate the stuff you would use to dose iron? About how much
would you add to a 72 gallon tank, and how often? I do not have an iron test
kit.

2. I, too, have been beta testing Seachem's Flourish Nitrogen (FN) and see a
definate difference between using KNO3 and using the Seachem product - a
particular type of brownish algae shows up when I use the KNO3, and retreats
in the face of the FN. But I am not crazy about adding liquids - I tend to
spill. The FN is a combination of ammonium and nitrate. Could I use ammonium
nitrate, or is it toxic to fish? And does anyone know about how much I would
dose in a 72 gallon, and how often?

The tank has 220W and compressed gas CO2 25-30ppm.

Thanks,
rs