Shrimp Still Dying

Well, my discontinuing the use of KCl apparently did not help the C.
japonica shrimp. I have found two more dead. I think I have one or two left.
At first it seemed like it was working, but now at the end of week 2 since
introducing them, at most half survived. I'm wondering if high CO2 might be
the problem, as there no other plausible explanations. All my fish are
healthy, as well as the plants. I'm going to turn down the CO2 flow a bit at
the risk of more algae, to see if does anything. If the shrimp become more
active during the day, it would be an indicator that there was too much CO2
for the shrimp to handle.
__
Alex R