Lighting

Hey folks,
I think I'm about ready to take the plunge and buy some
decent tank lighting.  I'm looking at the 2X55watt setup
from AH Supply.  Here's my tank specs:

30 gallon, 24inches long, 18 inches deep, 12 inches wide.
It's a freshwater planted tank, and I'm wondering if the
2X55 setup is overkill or just about right.  Also, what
color temp. lamps should I use?  Since I'll be using
two, should they be the same or different?  Thanks for
any suggestions!

I would suggest that you get 2 1x55 setups.  It would add about 25 bucks but
this allows you to control the lamps independently...  If you are worried
about the 2 55s being overkill you could go with a 55 and a 36....Its only
money..hehe
I have had good success with 5000 throu 6700k bulbs... I personally like the
look of the higher k bulbs.

mike