Re: Eheim runs dry

Cavan wrote:

Thanks to everybody who responded to my Eheim
question.

I realized today that the inlet hose was kinked pretty
badly.  Could that have done it?  Now I have the hose
propped up with a stick so that doesn't happen.  It
has not run dry since.  I'll keep everybody posted.

I would bet your problem is related to the CO2 injection. Make certain
the CO2 does not pressurize the impellor chamber when you shut off the
pump. If this happens the pump won't prime. You have to leave a pathway
for the CO2 to escape when the pump is not running.

Wayne