Re:Hair algae removal

Kinney, Travis wrote:
<snip>
 I've been reading old Krib postings, so many that I have been printing them and reading them at night after the kids have gone to bed. Now I'm back asking the group for advise.
<snip>

Well, I too have something "hairy" in my tank and I'm unable to get rid of it.
I use the old wooden pen, rotating it to wind up the stuff.
I too snip of the tops and replant them in hope they will outgrow the stuff (trow away the bottom parts of the plants).
My problem is that my Riccia (tied to wood) is infested with this stuff and it's quite impossible to get it all out of it.

Is there a way to get rid of it by pouring something chemical in the tank?
Before I get wild suggestions; I have Discus as well as other fishes in this tank. I can't catch e'm all without ripping the tank apart.

/Greger Lindstrand