Re: Laterite

"As for the first part of original question, any laterite will do. Just
break up the "clumps" that AP laterite seems to come in."

I don't think those clumps -can- be broken. I've tried. It's like trying to
grind gravel. I think it's been kiln fired into a ceramic like material.
Which makes most of it pretty useless. It's my understanding that the import
regulations require the extra processing to be sure there is nothing alive
in it. Which explains the cost of the Dupla. My LFS says that Dupla is
developing a synthetic replacement material that has similar
characteristics.

TW