RE: CO2 regulator problem

You may have a gauge malfunction. You do not say if the gauge reads 28 psig
when not attached to the cylinder. If so, replace the gauge with one of the
same range.

If the gauge will read zero when unattached, and jumps to 28 when pressure
is applied to the inlet side of the regulator despite everything you do,
you may have a regulator malfunction. If the outlet pressure changes when
the flow varies, you may have debris in the mechanism or a leak in the
diaphragm. If the outlet pressure remain constant with varying flow rates,
you most likely have a damaged regulator. These can be repaired at no small
expense.

M3 should be willing to help you with any of these issues.

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO TAKE THE BODY OF THE REGULATOR APART! These are precision
machines with very powerful springs. Many people unfamiliar with the
internals of the regulator have experienced "rapid, uncontrolled
disassembly with associated component launch". This may become painful
and/or require dealing with your insurance provider if you happen to be in
the trajectory of one of the components.

Shireen Gonzaga