Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V5 #279

In a message dated 8/15/02 3:57:43 AM Eastern Daylight Time,

<<
 That's the first thing I suggested.  I guess the pond is about 1/10 acre
 and 3 to 4 feet deep.  That's a little big to drain.  He said sliders are
 vegetarians, and the bigger they are the more strictly vegetarian they
 get.  I dunno if this one would go for worms; I'll relay the information.
 Thanks.

 Best regards,
 Bob

 - >>
Build or buy a turtle trap check this link <A
HREF="http://www.treytec.com/turtle_trap.htm";>Turtle trap - Solar Trap-O-Matic
</A> basically what it consists of is a floating sunning platform (all turtle
sun themselves regularly) with a basket on each side. the turtle climbs up on
the sunning platform but when he is disturbed he will drop of to the side and
into the basket. then you can take him to a river or lake several miles away
and release him. The best thing about a trap is that you can keep it in your
pond and any time a turtle shows up he will get caught quickly. buying a
ready made trap of good quality would be a good investment for a pond of that
size. I'm betting he has more than one turtle and the trap will catch even
baby turtles.

Moon