Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V5 #277

In a message dated 8/14/02 3:58:42 AM Eastern Daylight Time,

<< Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 04:31:20 +0000
 From: "Eric Wahlig" <ewahlig at hotmail_com>
 Subject: Re: cheap substrates?

 Michael Gerhardt asked: >Where can I get a cheap substrate for planted
 tanks?

I am thinking of going to the place that sells lava rock by the truck full
and asking if I can use a wire screen to sift several buckets of tiny grains
out of the piles of golf ball sized chunks. I've bought the large lava rocks
to fill in flower beds and there was lots of the fine stuff laying around the
piles. It comes in mostly black and mostly dark brown but you could mix the
two.

Moon