toxicity of tri-sodium phosphate and the planted aquarium

Hi,

I have a pair of incredible bonsai scissors that I used on my orchids many
moons ago.  To sanitize them, I would soak them in a Tri-sodium phosphate
and water solution. It drives off the oxygen when saturated in water and
allows you to sanitize cutting instruments. It is sold in the painting
section at Home Depot but I have no idea what painters use it for.   I no
longer use it on my orchids and wondered if simply soaking it in water or
wiping it down with alcohol and rinsing would make it safe to use in my
tank.  They are wonderful scissors but I don't want to kill off a tank of
discus and plants!

Thanks as always.

Daphne in Atlanta, where we are desperate for some rain