Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V5 #220

In a message dated 7/16/02 3:57:53 PM Eastern Daylight Time,

<<
 Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 11:32:59 -0400
 From: "Hopkins, Samuel" <Samuel.Hopkins at marconi_com>
 Subject: Willow trees in a planted tank?

 Hi All,

    I was down by a lake yesterday when I saw a bright green willow bush
 by the lake side. Since willows readily root in water and do "fairly" well
 wet I took off enough sprigs to make a 5" X 7" bunch. I placed a rubber band
 around the bottom of them to keep them together and planted them in my tank.
 It looks pretty nice and I wonder how it'll do. I just wondered if anyone
 else has tried doing something like this.

 Sam

I grow cypress trees and water tupelo trees in aquariums. You have to keep
them trimmed back kinda like bonsai but the roots make a great effect on the
bottom and the trees soak up nutrients faster than any plant I have seen.

Moon